The team here at lapd Architects work with a number of developers, both residential and commercial. The developers we work with value the way we do things because of our practical approach. We understand the real value of great design. We understand how great architectural design can add value to a project and save you money.
Great design averts unnecessary costs. It reduces risk and makes forward panning not only easier but more effective. Design is often interpreted, even by architects themselves, as an exercise that is specifically based around functionality and aesthetics. These elements are essential, but there is so much more that goes into an architect’s role in a successful project. As lead consultants our process offers security on three main levels:
- Cost control
- A design that isn’t costed is a failed design. We make sure that our designs, from the very beginning, are realistic in terms of functionality and cost.
- Flexibility of procurement
- We are flexible in being able to consider alternative forms of procurement, from traditional tender based to Design and Build procurement options
- Client and project management
- lapd Architects act as lead consultant and can organize a suitable team of professionals to suit the project’s needs. As main point of contact, we make sure our clients remain informed and in control of their project.
We are a well-established local practice, headed up by directors Opinder Liddar and Trevor Avery since 2005. We are a medium sized firm of fifteen based in Culham Science Centre, Oxfordshire. We are a diverse team of architects with specialisms in planning, energy efficiency and delivery of projects varying in scope and style. This includes major residential and commercial new builds and refurbishments up to £20 million.
Nationally recognized for our award winning designs, we offer innovative solutions to suit our client’s budget.
To find out more, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 01865 407722.